Board index  »  Quests & Dungeons  »  MGT
Page 1 of 1    

MGT

MGT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:01 pm
User avatarOh God, oh crapJoined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:04 pmPosts: 366Offline
Hey, I am having the worst luck getting in to H-MGT. I have never been in there and don't know what to expect or even what classes to take (I had a f'n pally laugh at me for having a druid healer in my group).

Can we schedule a time to do this dungeon, pppppllllleeeeeaaaassseeee? Papa needs a new trinket.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:03 pm
whoahoho there, not all of you at once, we can only take 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:15 pm
Here is the run down...

You need 5 well geared folks. It is harder than all the other heroics. The healer needs to be well geared. The one in my normal group is sporting all t5 stuff. The worst part about making groups for this place is if you are dps and have no cc you wont get a spot. So sorry to fury warriors, shaman, feral druids, and such.

Trash: Most are pulls of 4 to 6 mobs. Mages can sheep everything, but locks can only seduce a couple. One type of mob does a gaive throw that knocks you down. One pull had 2 of those guys in and they killed 2 of us when they both did the throw at the start. we all had over 8500 hp. CC is crucial here.

First boss is cake. Just dps him down if your healer is strong enough. If not, take down the crystal. The fight is like the boss of steamvaults.

Second boss is plain nasty. Every 15% he summons two balls that nuke for 4k a shot. They have around 200 hp so easy to kill but when you kill one it puts a dot on you that does 300+ damage a sec. And it stacks. if you kill two you are taking 600 a sec, 3 900, etc. At the same time the boss is doing a huge aoe. Arcane resist helps some but you cant gimp your dps numbers much.

Third boss is like a huge 5v5 pvp fight. The mobs in the group change from run to run. But most can be CCed. Its really hard but drops some of the best trinkets in the game.

Last boss is not so bad. Just like regular he spawns a phoenix that does mad aoe. Have a mage kite it while other ranged dps kill it. Once its dead kill the egg or it respawns. If you are too slow getting kael to 50% he will spawn another phoenix. The difference in heroic is that Kael will put a shield on himself and start casting a pyroblast. YOu have 10 or 15 sec to dps down the shield so you can interrupt the pyroblast. If you dont your tank is going to eat a 50k pyro. And no thats not a typo. 50,000 damage. Problem comes from having the phoenix and the shield up at the same time. Once he is at 50% then its just like regular. swim around, avoid the balls of energy, and dps him when he drops you to the ground.

Thats pretty much the instance.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:00 pm
Yeah, so I'll never see the inside of H-MGT on my SPriest... until we're all lvl 80 and don't care anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 pm
Quote:
Yeah, so I'll never see the inside of H-MGT on my SPriest... until we're all lvl 80 and don't care anymore.

Not true!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 pm
User avatarAsshole ExtraordinaireJoined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:22 amPosts: 363Offline
Not only untrue, but he gets his trinket and a new chest-piece (which he certainly needed). Grats on a truly epic first foray into H-MGT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:27 pm
I was totally wrong about the usefulness of a SPriest in MGT. Other than a few silly mistakes, we kicked ass with me, FiveTwo, dr00d tank, boomkin, and shammy healer. One shotted the final boss!

Big thanks to FiveTwo for gettin me into his group.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:02 pm
shadowpriest have mind control to cc with. works well.